Page Layout and Synopsis ©1997 by Darcy Partridge
The One With The Flashback
[Previous][Next][Back to the Master List]
Prompted by a question from Janice, the group has a flashback revealing
events which occurred three years earlier: Chandler searches for a roommate;
Cute Naked Guy puts on weight; Phoebe secretly moves out of
Monica's apartment; The bar is closing to make way for a coffee shop;
Mr. Heckles could play the oboe; Rachel contemplates her upcoming marriage
to Barry; Mr. Heckles could be Chandler's new roommate; Ross is happy that
Carol has found a new friend -- Susan; One of the lifeguards dismantles a
nuclear device; "Almost" relationships are revealed between Joey and Monica,
Monica and Chandler, Chandler and Rachel, Ross and Phoebe.
The one where they said....
- Chandler: ...and this actor guy, who I'm not sure about, because when he called
and I answered the phone, "Chandler Bing," he said, "Whoa, short message."
- Ross: Yeah, you know how I have you guys? Well she doesn't have any close friends that are just hers.
But, but last week she meet this woman at the gym--Susan something--and they really hit it off, and I think it's
gonna make a difference.
- Monica: Oh look, the pool table's free. Rack 'em up. I'll be back in just a minute. Get ready for me to
whip your butt.
- Chandler: Okay, but after that, we're shootin' some pool.
- Monica: Where's your bed?
- Phoebe: It's not in the apartment? Oh no. I can't believe this is happening again.
- Chandler: Wow! Look at 'em run.
- Ross: My marriage, I think my marriage is um, is kinda over.
- Phoebe: Oh no! Why?
- Ross: 'Cause Carol's a lesbian--and, and I'm not one. And apparently it's not a mix
and match situation.
- Phoebe: Hey, do you think that Susan person is her lover?
- Ross: Well I do now!
- Ross: Maybe this wouldn't have happened if I'd been more nurturing, or I'd paid more attention, or I'd... had a
- Written by Marta Kauffman & David Crane
- Directed by Peter Bonerz
- Maggie Wheeler as Janice
- John Lehr as Eric (the photographer)
- Larry Hankin as Mr. Heckles
- Michele Maika as Kiki
- Marissa Ribisi as Betsy
- Christy L Medrano as Waitress
- Aired 10/31/96, 2/27/97